All Press Applicants must provide the following credentials to validate themselves as a legitimate member of the press: a business card, a letter of introduction / intent, an official request printed on your publication’s letterhead, and at least one of the below specified media type requirements:
- Print Media: Please provide two samples of your publication.
- Freelance Press: If you are a freelance writer, journalist, or photographer, please provide copies of your work.
- Student Press: If you are a student covering PortConMaine for your school or university, please provide us copies of your publication. Also, submit a letter from your supervising teacher or editor on school/university letterhead, stating that you are covering PortConMaine on assignment.
- Web-based Press & Bloggers/Podcasters: Provide an URL for your publication & provide a live link to your statistics page or clearly legible & recent screenshots of your statistics page.
- Broadcast (Radio/ Television) Media: Provide a letter from a producer/editor on company letterhead stating that you are covering PortConMaine on assignment. Please see the requirements below if you plan to film.
- Film & Video: Submit a demo reel, a list of completed projects, & make sure to state the purpose of the filming in your official Letter of Intent. You MUST have prior approval and additional signed agreements with PortConMaine if you are filming or taking video for any other reason than broadcasting, you MUST submit a copy of ALL gathered footage within two (2) weeks of the end of the convention as well as sign a waiver agreeing that your submitted footage can be used in any PortConMaine Promotional Materials.
You must mail all of this information in to: PortConMaine / 492 Main Street / Westbrook, ME 04092. Failure to do so may result in denial of your press access.No emailed applications will be accepted for a press pass. By accepting the press pass you have agreed to furnish work to PortConMaine after the convention concludes within two weeks of the convention in that year.
Violation of this arrangement may disqualify your request for covering PortConMaine in future years.
Quality Control Check-ups: Our staff will be doing post-convention follow ups with attending press. They will be reviewing all final products to see what services were provided and assess whether or not said coverage was equal to the cost of a convention badge to PortConMaine. Number of badges per publication will be a factor in the assessment. Those who are determined as insufficient will have to meet additional criteria in following years to receive a press badge. We are requesting all raw photos & videos for archiving and marketing purposes.
- Press membership does NOT qualify one for preferential treatment at autograph/sketch sessions.
- Press membership does not qualify a member of the press for preferential treatment at any event over the course of the convention.
- Reserved seating, IF available at various events, is not guaranteed, and will be in a designated section when available.
ABUSE OF PRESS PRIVILEGES: If abuse of press privileges is reported, such behavior is grounds for having PortConMaine membership revoked. Please conduct yourself responsibly at all times. Violation of any of these arrangements may disqualify requests for covering or attending PortConMaine in future years
Special thanks to A-Cen for their amazing press guideline information page! If you have any questions, please email.