This year's PortConMaine Artists' Alley will feature a Community Art Table. Attendees will be invited to submit pieces for sale by the Artists' Alley staff on a consignment basis. This event is available exclusively to convention attendees who did not get table space in the Artists' Alley.
PortConMaine will keep 5% of each participant's total earnings from the Art Table to cover operation costs. Attendees may submit any kind of original art that is appropriate for all audiences.
- Sale space is limited, and is available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Participants are required to include business cards for distribution with their work. These can be attached to the artwork as tags, or provided separately. Use this as an opportunity to let your customers know who you are and how they might find you on the Web at a later time.
- The Art Staff will rotate artwork as they see necessary.
- Participants must be at least 16 years of age, and must have a parent or legal guardian to sign for them if they are under 18 years of age.
- A valid ID must be presented when dropping off artwork as well as when collecting leftover artwork and earnings.
- Participants must have a convention badge prior to entering the Alley to drop off artwork.
- Art Staff will begin accepting submissions for the Community Sale table at 9:00 AM on Friday morning, when the Artists' Alley opens.
- Earnings and any remaining artwork must be collected in person by the artist at the Artists' Alley by 4 PM on Sunday of the convention. Any artwork not claimed by this time will not be returned, and any earnings not claimed will go towards operating costs for PortConMaine.
- Each participant must submit a typed, itemized list of all artwork being sold, with a detailed description of each piece and its price.
- All prices must be listed as full dollar amounts.
- All items provided for sale must be clearly marked with a price as well as the name of the artist. This can be present on a tag or a sticker. Items without a price will not be sold. See special instructions for prints below.
- Any work found by the Art Staff to be plagiarized will be removed from the sale table.
- PortConMaine cannot be held liable for any damages or losses.
- All work sold must be physically present. Art staff cannot take commission work on behalf of participants.
- PortConMaine staff reserves the right to refuse any work, including work that is adult in nature. Art found to be unsuitable for a family environment will not be sold at the Community Sale table.
- Participants will be given a receipt for the items they've sold when they come to collect their earnings and leftover art.
How much stuff can I sell?
Each participant is welcome to bring in any amount of work. The Art Staff will display and rotate stock as necessary. Space for the Community Sale is limited, so we might not be able to dispaly all of the work that you present. Please inform us ahead of time if you have any preference about which pieces are displayed first.
I'm selling prints! What do I do?
Prints may be sold at any size, but for display purposes, artists must provide an 8.5 x 11 printed preview of each print design presented for sale. These preview print-outs may be used for display purposes at the Community Sale table. Mark this preview print-out on the back with the price that it will sell for, and make sure each preview print is in a clear plastic 3-ring-binder sleeve. The Alley Staff will place the preview prints in binders out on the table, filling up to five of them with preview print-outs.
I want to make a display!
If you have small items to sell and would like to make a point-of-sale display for them, please try to make it no larger than a shoe box.
Contact Archimer on the Forums or e-mail