Hey Everyone! this year we are having two different AMV Contests!!!!! An All Ages and an 18+. Rules for both are the same, just content is different.This is the thread for questions on the all ages contest!
Music Video Contest 2012
Welcome to the rules for the Port Con Music Video Contest, if interested in submitting a video please follows the rules. This year we will be holding two separate contests. One for all ages, and another for 18+ for both Contests use these rules below.
1. Music Videos must include content from one of these genres.
Asian Live Action
Musical (i.e. Dr. Horrible Sing A Long, Sweeney Todd, etc. etc..)
Science Fiction (i.e. Dr. Who, Star Trek, Etc. Etc.)
2. Music Videos should be no longer then 5 minutes, including a 2 Second black leader and trailer.
3. Do not include logo’s or studio bumpers. Credits will be added later.
4. AMV’s must be primarily 90 to 100 percent music, unless you are making a parody or trailer style music Video.
5. Any video with fan subs, or fansubs will NOT be shown.
6. You can submit no more then 3 videos.
7. Here are the categories you can put your videos into.
8. If you submit your video to the all ages contest, and it is found offensive it will be moved to the 18+ contest.
These videos will be shown on a projector, and the quality is very important for the look of your video on a large screen. These guidelines will help you create a video that will look good on a large screen.
You can send any file except these files. FLV, and WMV. The more common the format and codec the easier it will be to make it play properly in a large format.
Please encode your MPeG2 Video for NTSC (720x480) 4:3 playback at 29.97 fps, as well as letterboxing widescreen footage ahead of time.
ALL VIDEO’s MUST BE SUBMITTED BY MAY 27th at midnight!
All Entries will only be accepted in digital format.
Send your Music Video through a file hosting service or a download service such as Yousendit, megaupload, mediafire, or Rapidshare to either email@example.com
or fill add it to the link part of the submission form.
The submission form can be found here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?hl=en_US&formkey=dDdjWS1YamRSME5tN3VLTlQxNkxGZUE6MQ#gid=0
Any Questions Please email Jenfuu at firstname.lastname@example.org